This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My crush likes someone who is way more successful than me!?
04-28-2014, 06:15 AM
My crush likes someone who is way more successful than me!?
I came to find that my crush likes someone else. Someone I dont know personally.
But I'm perfectly fine with that. He has all the right to like anyone he wants.
But I searched this crush of his on Facebook just to try to find what type of a girls he's interested in.( I'm 18 by the way. I'm in that break between when school ends and college has not yet begun. I'm selecting colleges.)
Anyway, she is PERFECT. Very pretty. School President. MUN achiever. Has won National awards. And so has he. It's just that since the day I came upon this fact of how successful she is, I have had some real self esteem issues. I desperately want to be like her. I feel so small. I've had many family issues and took therapy till I was school, so I'm not at my best. But I so aspire to be that. To be her.
I just want someone to help. I want people to just tell me what I should do.
How do I get my self esteem back?

I'm so sorry that this is so long. And thanks to all, who reply to this, and not make fun of it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 06:16 AM

only thing i wanna say...but remember it means a lot.... Be what u r........golden words to live a successfull life.... :-)

Ads

04-28-2014, 06:32 AM

After a bit of experience, I can say no one is perfect. Why would you aspire to be someone else?
You are truly special in a way of your own. It's the person who would recognise your talents & admire you for who you are, who would be your perfect partner. And he would probably consider you 'Perfect' in some way.
If the guy you desire, does not appreciate the qualities within you, move on. Since that doesn't sound like an option here & you do desire him anyway, you can work a bit on yourself.
Physical attraction is way superficial & over-rated, & you would realise this a few years down the road. So there's no need to work upon this. What you can do though, is work on your social skills & academics.

Half the battle was won when you considered to improve yourself. I can help you as requested, to go through a self-assessment but the hard work would have to be done by you.
Finally, you have no reason to have a low self-esteem. Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health & love. I've seen plenty prodigies & talented young people eventually ruining their lives... as well as back-benchers, eventually carving a name for themselves in life.

Your whole life is ahead of you. Work on yourself, achieve the short-term goals we can set together. That would help raise your self-esteem. We can think of life's long term goals after having crossed this 1st step.
Let me know if I can help.
04-28-2014, 06:43 AM

I would say forget him and her,,how does it matter to you if you start loving someone else there are guys out there who would love you for what you are