This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do i remove the avasti online security tab?
04-28-2014, 09:51 AM
how do i remove the avasti online security tab?
When I start up Firefox one of the pages that comes up is the Avasti online security tab. How can I remove it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:00 AM

I had this problem mate,i could disable it alright but i wanted to get rid of the fucking thing. So just click this link ive sent you. Then send me 300 pound in the post for my trouble and some dirty pics of ya missus. If you aint got any i will send you a link so you can buy some. OK Mate? .http://www.ghacks.net/2014/03/17/remove-avast-online-security-firefox/

Ads

04-28-2014, 10:03 AM

You could try removing the extension installed or changing the startup tab using the settings of firefox.
04-28-2014, 10:07 AM

Quoted from the Avast web site;
"The simple solution is to uninstall avast and restart your computer. If you have CCleaner then use it before reinstalling avast which is what you need to do, if you don't have the cleaner then at least run your disk clean up before installing again. Go to the avast site not a download site and download the latest free version of avast from their website, don't run the program, save it to your own computer and run it from there, if you click run and don't save initially you will more than likely have the same problem again. Once downloaded to your PC run the program from there watch carefully, untick any boxes re downloading google chrome if you don't want it and carefully watch what happens, firefox at some stage will show a screen either in installation or when you start it up asking if you want to run the program that will install the add-on you just got rid of which is the tab you don't want any more, you won't get an option to say no just a continue button, don't click it click the x in the top right corner of the box to close the window and bingo you will have cracked it, the tab will not appear again and your frustration will be over."

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=148337.0