This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disconnecting from wireless network.?
04-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Disconnecting from wireless network.?
I'm staying at campus, and have to use the campus internet. Problem is that every time I connect to it, it will remain connected with a strong connection for around 5 minutes, then start to disconnect and reconnect every minute or so.

And yes, it is that frequent and it is insanely frustrating, I can't get anything done because of this and I have no idea why. When troubleshooting it says that I can't connect to the DNS server properly, I've already flushed it, and changed my preferred one. Also, my network center registers that I'm not connected to the internet, yet I can still use it. I've reinstalled my network adapter around 7 times already and it hasn't made a difference. Other people on my campus seem to be having no problems with the internet so I know it's not a problem with the network. And yes, I've disabled the microsoft winiport adapter, tried using a VPN, changed my IPv4 to 802.11b - long only, flushed the DNS, etc.

How can I fix this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:07 AM

Have you tried talking to the IT department in your campus?

Ads

04-28-2014, 10:17 AM

You need to try using a usb wifi adapter. That way you can see if the problem is with your equipment's internal wifi antenna. If you can't borrow a usb network adapter, they can be had for pretty cheap online ($5-$10).