This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
provider internet problem?
04-28-2014, 10:04 AM
provider internet problem?
2 years ago, I got internet from a provider and I subscribed to a high speed internet. I used to perform speed test and results used to be for ping: 110 and for download rate: 1.5 or 1.7 MBps. In late 2013, speed test started showing 0.7 MBps even sometimes 0.3 and even 0.1! And ping 450, sometimes 1k. I still pay for same speed for 2 years now. What do you think is the problem? I live in lebanon and that's nothing new if the guy is robbing me by giving me lower speed, because all people in this country are robbers..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:12 AM

this may be problem of your data ussage many of isp change their speed if you download very much data on your pc. it will reduse your bandwidth. and i think your thinking may be correct if you are using wifi. and other thing it is not passible to rob speed or ensure that any junk software or virus is not using your internet by checking taskmanager and network. hope you will get your answer

Ads

04-28-2014, 10:21 AM

If you have a cap and are going over it, they may be limiting your speed

Could be modem or router as well. Unplug the power for both. Plug in power for modem. Wait for it to fully boot up (20-60 seconds or more). Plug in power for router. Wait for it to fully boot. Test speed again. If still slow, bypass the router (connect modem directly to computer and test). If still slow then modem or ISP is bad. If not slow then router is bad.