This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can someone trace my phone back to my address?
04-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Can someone trace my phone back to my address?
A weirdo called my house yesterday which is a landline phone number. He began to get me into conversation with him by telling me he had lost a bet and he had to say the persons name and blank you rock. I went along with it, though suspiciously because I did feel uncomfortable. Well I eventually began to think he was masturbating and it really freaked me out. He asked my name when he first called, but I lied. He also tried to ask more questions and again, I lied. I know I should have hung up but for whatever reason, I find it very hard to hang up on people. Anyways, he obviously knows my number, but doesnt have my name or any other information that I'm aware of. Could he somehow find my address? I already tried the reverse phone number and it didnt work for my house so I know he cant use that. I also called my phone company and they said he couldnt find me but I'm still in fear. I dont want some rapist showing up at my door. I may sound like I'm worrying too much but this isnt my first run in with a weirdo and I have reason to be scared from my past experiences.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:15 AM

Just go to the cops or police

Ads

04-28-2014, 10:19 AM

Pretty much anybody can find someones street address. All they have to do is look in the local phone book. If he knows your phone number, and has a phone book there is a chance that he could find you, but if you have caller id and you know HIS phone number, you can do a background check on him. I just googled this site up, maybe this may help you. It will let you know if he has a criminal record or anything else: http://www.peopleverified.com/

If you feel unsafe you can probably report his number to the police. (not 100% if you can do this, but its worth a try)
04-28-2014, 10:20 AM

Not necessarily, generally tracking would either take an expert who knows exactly what they're doing, or going to the police. Unless your information is posted in your Telephone Book, I wouldn't worry about it, most people opt out of putting your detailed information into public records.

I highly doubt this guy would have the software to trace your number back to your address, so I would rule that out, especially with a Landline, this is generally done to Cell Phones due to the fact they have traceable SIMS.

The only other way is through the Police Department, they're able to trace a phone, but won't without a very, very good reason.

There is no good reason to go to the police about this matter unless he threatens you, generally through text, social networking (i.e. FaceBook, Twitter, etc.) where you are able to show the evidence to police, where in that case they can confront him, and issue a restraining order if necessary. I would not worry about it, it doesn't sound like he would do anything, or can do anything.
04-28-2014, 10:24 AM

Yes, they can. But not just anyone. They'd have to have connections with police or telephone folks along the line.
But I hope it taught you a lesson.
04-28-2014, 10:28 AM

neat! I was handed a PSN card code and it wasn't invalid! If you want one go to http://psn.cardcodes.net