This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nikon D5200?
04-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Nikon D5200?
Hello,
I am on a tight budget. Basically the 5200 with a lens is the most I can do. Therefore, I am looking for some help if you guys have any other better, cheaper, or even slightly more expensive choices.

I will be using it for night photography, trips, portraits, and just a little bit of light painting. Note that I live in both Canada and Saudi Arabia (pretty extreme temps.) and I have experience and know how to handle things such as Aperture, Shutter speed, and ISO.

+ follow me on instagram @rayanowaidah Wink all pics taken with a COOLPIX P500

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:16 AM

its not about the medium, its about the message.

and a DSLR camera is a DSLR camera, you are just paying for different features.
with them the lens is the only important investment.

spend less time focusing on the camera, and more time looking through the viewfinder.

Ads

04-28-2014, 10:25 AM

it will be fine with the kit lens for what you want to do. As you progress, you may want to ad some better lenses for portrait work or low light work.

A tripod will be essential if you are doing night time long exposures.

Take the time to read the manual - you've said you know how to handle things like exposure controls & that's a good start.
04-28-2014, 10:27 AM

The Nikon D5200 is a great camera for starters. You won't regret it. I started with a Nikon D5100. After a year or two photographing, you might consider a full frame body like Nikon D7100 or D600 (my current camera).