This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Installed Wordpress Softaculous but I can't access the admin panel. Please help.?
04-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Installed Wordpress Softaculous but I can't access the admin panel. Please help.?
I need to say first, I am very new to webpage design. I just installed Worpress via Softaculous which was located on my pages cPanel X. The Softaculous page says the install was successful and gives me both a MySite.com/wp and MySite.com/wp/wp-admin address that go to broken links.

What did I do wrong? How do I actually log into my Wp admin page so I can create and update my page? Do I need to install some files first on my server? Thank you.
I should add this is all I have done with the website.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:21 AM

I think i know where you went wrong. When installing wp using softaculous in installation process you left wp as In Directory. It is best to leave that option empty.

So your site will be MySite.com and not MySite.com/wp which is pretty ugly for site address.
Then your wp-admin address will be MySite.com/wp-admin/ and you should log with no problems if you have done all right

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply