This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is google chrome any good?
04-28-2014, 10:24 AM
is google chrome any good?
i got internet explorer, but i want another browser im looking at safari, firefox and google chrome. i heard something was wrong with google chrome can you tell the details of which browser is better

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:26 AM

I've always liked Google Chrome better then any other explorer. It always seems to work better or somehing I don't know its different Tongue

Ads

04-28-2014, 10:28 AM

Chrome works fine for me on 99% of sites.
04-28-2014, 10:33 AM

Safari is 1000x better than IE, Firefox is 10000x better and chrome is about 10000000x better.
04-28-2014, 10:39 AM

Chrome beat the crap out of all the other browsers. I've tried them all and chrome is the fastest.
04-28-2014, 10:44 AM

I use explorer and chrome. Chrome is a lot faster than explorer, use chrome.
04-28-2014, 10:50 AM

I personally don't like the way Chrome is setup, sure its fast but takes some getting use to i guess. Firefox rules and has more addons and adaptability than any browser out. I also don't like how pushy Google is about getting people to use Chrome, almost everything you download trys to trick you into installing it.
04-28-2014, 10:52 AM

For something other than IE I would try Firefox for it's security, stability, speed and features or Chrome for many of the same reasons though Chrome is heavy on machine memory. I've never used Safari.

(Have to agree with Steve (below), you can't manipulate Chrome at all where as with Firefox, with a few simple tweaks, Firefox will walk all over them all, (except for Opera maybe, when I get done tweakin it! Big Grin)
04-28-2014, 10:54 AM

Anything other than Internet Explorer will work fine lol here are some advantages and disadvantages.I will compare Chrome and FireFox

1) FireFox Advantages:
Support LOTS OF add-ons that will make your surfing experience MUCH easier and joy-able.For example, there is an add-on that blocks the annoying advertisements on internet,the one you see before or during YouTube videos for example.
FireFox is open source which means many developers work on it to make it better day-by-day.FireFox is very good at playing HTML5 format videos which are now getting more and more popular in YouTube.
FireFox has a very-very good user friendly settings area where you can configure your browser easily.It also has a very good download manager

FireFox Disadvantages:
Sometimes when you have too many tabs open and you close them all together, you have to wait about 10 second for it to actually close the processes in background.The program itself closes all the windows but the memory still has FF processes....sometimes this may be annoying.

2) Google Chrome :Advantages:
It has built-in Flash Player which means you don't have to re-install it every time there is a problem in YouTube video(if it's a Flash Video).Some people say Chrome is fastest browser but I think users won't notice any difference between FireFox and Chrome.

Disadvantages:
Google Chrome SUCKS at playing HTML5 videos on YouTube.As you know,YouTube is converting many of its video from Adobe Flash to HTML5 so you may experience some annoyances.
Google Chrome's download manager is a disaster.It does not open a new tab and won't let you manage your downloads but rather it make you click 3-4 different buttons in order to navigate to download area, this sucks balls and I mean it....this is why I don't use Chrome

Conclusion:
I used both browser for a long time and I recommend FireFox.
04-28-2014, 10:55 AM

I've had no complication with Chrome its simply the best internet browser out there