This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my Hard Drive Or RAM Corrupted?
04-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Is my Hard Drive Or RAM Corrupted?
So as of this past month my computer got all bad and literally no program would work. I consulted a bunch of my tech savvy friends to see what could be wrong with my computer. They said it was most likely a corrupt hard drive and they suggested buying one. I did. In the meanwhile my friends offered to let me borrow a spare solid state drive. I was using it and everything seemed nice and dandy the first day. But today (The second day) all of the problems I had before came back. This basically confirms that its not the hard drive. The next culprit could be the RAM (Memory) but I have never heard of a RAM failure. I have installed all the new drivers for everything I have and everything is up to date and it also can't be a virus. If anyone knows what it is i would really appreciate a answer!

This Is The RAM (memory) I have on my PC: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820226191

And this is my Hard Drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6822148767

Also the problems I experience are adobe shock wave crashes (even though I have all adobe installation including shock wave player up to date), Internet browser "Aw Snaps", Google Chrome Crashes, League of Legends Bug Splats, Windows Explorer (I believe its called windows explorer) the thing that manages the interface and makes it look nice. Without Windows explorer my computers windows 7 interface looks like windows 95. I also get the blue screen of death crashes. They are very random and range from 5 minutes to 1 hour.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:33 AM

as a computeless girl i have no idea but hope u can work out it smoothly

Ads

04-28-2014, 10:35 AM

did you had the old hard drive connected when you were using the spare solid state???? if so then you might have a bad virus which is making the hard drive and the computer run slow and making it to crash. that virus cannot be removed from any anti viruses. so might need to format the entire drive and try it then.

RAM!!!: if there is a problem with the ram the computer should not even run, but sometimes the RAM might be corrupted you can easily find that as well if you have two RAM's take one of them off the pc and run the computer see which one makes the computer run smoother and which one does not. or take out both RAM's and take a pencil eraser and some alcohol and clean the RAM's slots in another words clean it from where the RAM is plugged in the mother board (the ram not the mother board slots) sometimes carbon builds up on the RAM's slot which makes it harder to communicate or transfer data with the mother board.

i am pretty sure you have a hard drive issue because if it was a RAM issue you the problem should have existed when you used the spare drive.
04-28-2014, 10:39 AM

its not hardware problem but keep in mind that hard drive should kept with some free space specialy c drive or where os is installed.
04-28-2014, 10:41 AM

just get a free diagnostics test from any local pc shop or the geek squad at bestbuy. they have all extra parts required for a diagnostics that you might not have. if you do then hook up new ram and/or harddrive and see if it fixes it. also run malwarebyte and virus scans to see. you could also just check the processes running in task manager
04-28-2014, 10:49 AM

HI Maria,
Dont Worry, this is not a very complicated issue. I would like to firstly confirm that there is absolutely No problem with your RAM or Your Hard Disk.

The Problem you are facing is corruption of Windows Registry.

Thus i would suggest You the Following steps

1. Run a Registry Cleaner and Derangement such as CCleaner.
2. Try to Scan For Malwares using a Anti Malware Free Trial
3. Re Install Ur OS as a New Fresh Windows Installation.

Im sure after these steps you should be good to GO.

Also try to recollect if any of these issues happened after installing or uninstalling a particular software.

Good Luck.
04-28-2014, 10:58 AM

RAM error is rare but it is a possibility; set few hours aside to troubleshooting it, Memtest86 is a standalone no-install diagnostic OS shipped alongside all Linux.
04-28-2014, 11:01 AM

RAM application to lookup Memtest like Andy T mentioned. Hard drive testing tool seatool. If any provide an issue. This will indicate a hardware related issue.

FYI, adobe is buggy. It crashes many systems all the time. I too suffer issue with this plugin.
04-28-2014, 11:10 AM

Unfortunately this could be just about anything but the first thing I would suspect is RAM.
04-28-2014, 11:19 AM

most of the cases it will happen because of dust on your RAM. Remove your ram and clean it .