This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did you realize how many trolls show up after Y/A changed it's feature?
04-28-2014, 10:38 AM
Did you realize how many trolls show up after Y/A changed it's feature?
Commercial advertisements by a question being asked and answered by accounts opened the same day and answeres who just make stupid comments like Emo and the retired US soldier, just to name the last ones.

Why do this people even bother to answer by not helping an asker anyway? And where are they coming from all of the sudden?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:44 AM

y! answers has become unusable. Several categories are mostly spam.

Ads

04-28-2014, 10:51 AM

I really hate Marissa Mayer(CEO of Yahoo) . If she is trying her best to make yahoo even less competitive than google then by god she has succeeded

Not just yahoo qa but also yahoo mail is a real pain compared to before and the new layout is cumbersome and ugly.

Edit: I think its because due to new features local questions say about UAE get more exposure on the right side when the riff raff poster is addressing another question which has similar key words. So trolls like emo and steven leave their natural habitat under the bridge and try to corrupt civilized forums.
04-28-2014, 10:55 AM

H- you have been here long enough tell me did you like YA back then or right now because of added trolls like me and such.
04-28-2014, 10:59 AM

Well I understand with every change or "renovation" there are quirks and things to fix.
Though the PM in my mailbox shows ancient stuff and I can't find new PMs easy , such a waste of time I think. Before it was like 1 ad on the right , now I get 2 or 3 , sometimes it takes for ever to load the question .. just annoying.
But it seems like you say YA should simply enforce their no soliciting (in message text ads) policy on actual commercial solicitors with dummy accounts.

@shishir
well , I don't think its the CEO's fault , these tr0lls find different ways of creating dummy accounts. From what I read Yahoo started phasing out access for non-registered facebook users so that actually proves the CEO is actually going in right direction.
http://www.cnet.com/news/yahoo-to-requir...le-logins/

BTW you are right on the unrelated "right box" however, see my comment under your reply .
04-28-2014, 11:05 AM

Well yeah there are a lot of new accounts which haven't seen before classic example is "GravityPizza -blabla ","MeMyself". And some troll accounts like "Troll Buster" is missing a stupid user who always shows up with some racist comments on Indians/Asians
04-28-2014, 11:08 AM

H, u said u woulld go away, but u show back up again on Y/A. And make poor giggity go away
Why do u even bother to answer by not helping an asker anyway? And where are u coming from all of the sudden?