This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Taking full control of another computer without an internet connection?
04-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Taking full control of another computer without an internet connection?
I have two laptops and I want to be able to control them without an internet connection because I don't have a internet connection at my house. I don't care what it takes to make it happen, I just want it to happen, I don't care how many cables, or ethernet cables it takes to make it happened. I just need to know how to as soon as possible. I need to fully control another computer like you would remotely except I don't have the internet so how I can I do that. I have a router but I still don't know how to make another computer run programs and change between programs without being in front of it.and that sort of thing without the internet. I DO NOT HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION. JUST TWO LAPTOPS AND CABLES.. i LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE AND I NEED TO CONTROL ONE OF MY LAPTOPS THAT IS IN A DIFFERENT ROOM THAN THE OTHER ONE......

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:46 AM

if your running vista you can do a remote connection, make a invitation file. get the file on your other computer. and open the invitation and follow the steps or w.e.. If your running XP.. sorry no idea

Ads

04-28-2014, 10:47 AM

You will need a router/hub and ethernet cables (unless you can use set up a wireless connection) none of this require an internet connection! Then you will simply need to enable remote desktop on both computers (Windows Help can walk you through it!)

Also, please do not caps lock at me, you have hurt my feelings.
04-28-2014, 10:57 AM

Really simple.
I'll presume you have Windows XP or newer on both systems.

Make sure both computers have NICs in them.

Connect an Ethernet crossover cable from one to the other NIC. Or you can connect Ethernet patch cables from each to a router, switch or hub.

Make sure the machine you want to control remotely has remote desktop enabled. Right click on my computer and check the tabs.

Open the remote desktop connection program of the system you want to control from and type in the IP address or machine name of the machine you want to control. Log into the remote system as if you are at it's keyboard.
Now you have full remote control of the other system.