This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My pc can't connect to internet although it actually have internet connection!?
04-28-2014, 10:43 AM
My pc can't connect to internet although it actually have internet connection!?
My pc can't connect to internet although it actually have internet connection......I go to Tools,internet options,connections, LAN settings, Choose automatic detect settings and click OK but it still doesn't work!

Pc info : Intel P3 , 0.4 Ghz , 256 RAM ....
i know that there is internet connection becoz i have two computer in my house .....One of them can connect to internet but another have the problem i said ...... Sad
My pc using dsl .... 512 kbps ....with using modem router ( Two pc use an internet connection )

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:50 AM

Sounds like you have more than one security system running. Like norton and mcaffee or just two different ones. Keep ad ward and spybot as they are compatible but uninstall one of your security programs. Too much of a good thing sometimes is bad. When I got my computer it had advast and I didn't like it so I took the free mcaffee from comcast. Well the only thing I could do was IM could not get out and nothing could get in but I had the connection. That is my guess tho. Sounds just like the problem I had.

Ads

04-28-2014, 10:54 AM

How do you know your PC has an internet connection if you can't connect to the internet? That was an odd statement to make.

Go to run>cmd>ipconfig, hit enter. See what IP address you are getting. If you are using a router, you will have to go to your routers command console and see if you are getting an IP address.

If you are getting an IP address, do the internet connection setup wizard from your network connections applet in the control panel.
04-28-2014, 10:54 AM

I just had this happen to me...I have Verizon wireless internet, not even my laptop would connect although everything supposedly had a "connection" I spent 90 minutes on the phone with Verizon, they couldn't figure it out and said they'd send someone. About 2 hours later, my son tried it and it worked! Try turning off your computer and router for awhile...see if that fixes it...
04-28-2014, 10:55 AM

I need to know what type of Internet connection you are using.DSL,CABLE or DIAL UP.With this information I may be able to help.
04-28-2014, 10:56 AM

To be able to have your ethernet connection to work in the last resort before sending in for repairs or others, is to go to Control Panel, click "Network Connections". Once prompted, click on icon that connects to internet, right click it, it will show as "Enable" or "Disable". Maybe your option in that particular ethernet card was set as disabled. Try enable it. There are three types of connections for your computer. One is 1394 connection, other is wireless connection and lastly local area connection (this is most common use for connections to internet if you have router in network).
Best of Luck!
"If there's a will, There's a way"
EightyEight
04-28-2014, 11:02 AM

it sounds like the Host file is bad, you need to run Winsockfix,
it will repair the TCP/IP stack, after the reboot you should be good to go,

http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlwinsockxpfix.html