This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want a facebook sooooo bad!!!?
04-28-2014, 10:46 AM
I want a facebook sooooo bad!!!?
My dad thinks I will get raped on facebook and I'm telling him about all the privacy settings and parental settings but he still won't let me! I'm 14 ! He says he needs professional proof and facts about facebook being ok for me... Anybody got some??? Thanks XOXO!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:53 AM

First off dont put where u live and u wont get raped. second of it is completely okay. do what i did a while back and and read the terms of service where it says u have to be 13.

it is cool but not the greatest thing in the world

Cameron

Ads

04-28-2014, 10:54 AM

my parents were the same way till about a month ago. my dads profession has him dealing with computers. she looked through everything and she set everything up for me. he said its safe as long as you are very careful. its best to allow your parents to monitor it so they don't have too many issues with your face book.
04-28-2014, 11:01 AM

Facebook gives you the option to hide ALL of your information from people who are NOT your friends. As long as you don't randomly add people you don't know. You should be fine.
04-28-2014, 11:10 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muqJdgZW71o
04-28-2014, 11:15 AM

I think your dad may have the right idea...
People get their homes broken into while they're out because someone posted something about going to the movies...
Knowing that there's several apps floating around trying to phish your account is important to consider before signing up for the latest kewl game...

I think that the most important thing to consider is convincing your dad that you understand the importance of privacy... Privacy settings change constantly on facebook, stuff that you set as private last week could suddenly be public next week simply because facebook updated something and all settings defaulted...

Sometimes the only way to keep something private is to keep it off of your computer.