This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cant hear sound on my laptop.?
04-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Cant hear sound on my laptop.?
I have an HP windows 8 laptop and all a sudden now I cant hear anything. Cant hear music, videos, not even the ding when I have a message on my fb. I don't have it on mute or anything. how can I fix this id really like to listen to my music. Iv tried with and with out ear buds but nothing.
I don't know how to get to control panel.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:56 AM

Open Control Panel. Select Device Manager. Select Sound video and game controllers. Unistall the sound card. Reboot the machine. Win 8 will automativally reinstall the cound card driver and initialize the sound subsystem. If this doesn't work use the Action Center (Flag Icon on lower right side of the screen) to help you locate the problem and fix it for you.

Ads

04-28-2014, 11:03 AM

Try rebooting the machine if you haven't done that already. Connect a headphone and see if you can hear through it. If still it don't work after turning up the volume, uninstall your sound driver like Wrenched said. For control panel, just press Start Button and type Control Panel.
Or press WindowsKey+R, then type compmgmt.msc, press Enter, go to Device Manager, expand Sound, video... right click on your sound card and do Update or Uninstall+reinstall.