This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IPhone 4S or HTC One X?
04-28-2014, 10:55 AM
IPhone 4S or HTC One X?
I'm getting a new smartphone, and I wasn't sure whether the HTC One X or the iPhone 4S is better. I like the look of the iPhone because of Siri, and also because it's basically the coolest phone you can get, but I like HTC phones, and I've heard the One X takes better pictures than the 4S. I will mostly use it for:
Music
Internet
Texting
Apps and games
Instagram and Tumblr
Facebook and Twitter
Taking pictures
So which one should I get?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 10:59 AM

iPhone 4s or.. wait for the iphone 5!!! Smile

Ads

04-28-2014, 11:01 AM

The Htc one x is quite a bit larger than the iPhone 4s, but it seems that users of the htc one x prefer it to the iPhone 4s check out the link below as it may be able to help you make your decision.

Hope this is of some use!

Good Luck x
04-28-2014, 11:04 AM

Some pros and cons of both handsets:
The iPhone 4S is awesome looking, iOS is flawless (not Android OS runs that smooth) and it's considered a status symbol, even though it isn't exclusive anymore. The app store is much better quality, the OS is easier to use and battery life isn't good, but it's among the best ones you can get from a handset. It's compact sized and has a crisp screen due to high pixel amount on a small screen.
BUT the iPhone 4S is very fragile (it is very likely to break if accidentally dropped, if you put it inside a protective case the nice looks are gone, it's expensive to get it fixed). Customization and file management is painful. For customization you need to jailbreak it and hence lose your warranty. For file management you will be frequently using iTunes which imho is not a nice piece of software. Apps are better quality but more expensive and non side-loadable. The screen density is nice (retina display) but the limited size of the screen makes it unusable as an e reader and not very good for movies.

Then the One X. In terms of looks it's nicely designed. It has way better processor (next gen cpu) and graphics unit. It's more capable of running the latest games and apps. It has the Sense UI which some die hard HTC fans love. It looks nice but makes the phone under perform a little. The screen size is way better for books, web browsing and watching movies due to the much bigger size. Android OS is highly customizable and you don't need to void your warranty to get a lot of customization. Managing of files can be done without special software, just plug and play. It's easier to get free apps or side load them. Is more sturdy than the iPhone with it's polycarbonate unibody.
BUT battery life isn't good, even when it's one of the best you can get from a smart phone out there. The phone isn't very compact and it isn't easy to operate it with one hand unless you have huge hands. It will lag and applications will hang more often than iOS, apps are cheaper but usually less quality too. Multi tasking issues have been reported too, but iPhone 4S isn't a great multi tasker either.

Both phones lack removable battery and micro SD card support, those are big flops for some people.

Summing up, there's no perfect phone, both handsets are great and have pros and cons. If I were you, I'd go for the HTC One X or wait for the SGS III. If you are a fan of Apple in their looks and status symbolism (which I'm not) and can sacrifice features (hardware in the 4S is plainly inferior), be imposed with more restrictions and pay more for apps, but still have the smoothness, ease of use, status and sexy looks of the iPhone, go for it.

Btw, Siri is cool, but it is of no real use for everyday life. It's faster and more efficient to get things done yourself. Here a nice informative article on that specific matter by GSM Arena:
http://blog.gsmarena.com/which-virtual-p...assistant/
04-28-2014, 11:08 AM

My opinion is you should go for iPhone 4s. Though, HTC one x has very good camera specially video clip shooting while moving. But when it comes to power and reliability Apple wins the race. Also you can enjoy no. of apps which are free.

If you want to compare both of these handsets. Visit http://www.cheapmobilephonecontracts.org.uk/
04-28-2014, 11:09 AM

If you will see on results of user votes select HTC One X.
04-28-2014, 11:14 AM

HTC One X is the best for what you describe you would use it for.
One of the only issues is that HTC One X have a Battery issue that drain the battery 10-25% faster than it should, this can be fixed by custom ROM.

Music: BEATS AUDIO <3 <3, It unbelievable, you can even with normal Mid priced in ears, hear the improvement.

Internet: It has FLASH!!!, you might not use it, just one issues, Flash don't work with Google chrome BETA.

Apps and games: HTC One X is the first smartphone with TEGRA 3, it isn't that big deal, but it still gives you good graphic. BUT since it run Android 4.0 some apps don't work, yet.

Instagram and Tumblr: I'm sorry but i don't have experience with this, but since the camera is 8MP, with HTC's newest Image tech. and much more, i think this would work great.

Facebook and Twitter: When you setup the phone you get 2 option, Facebook for HTC Sense or just Facebook and so with Twitter. Facebook is great and easy to navigate. While i cant really say anything about twitter because i don't use it that much.

Taking pictures: HTC One X is clearly a winner, Slow motion video in HD (Slow-motion is on 4x) with the option to view the video in Slow motion or normal speed, after it have been recorded.
Burst mode, Take 20 pictures after each other an pick the best shot(s) or them all.

HDR: Is fine and help you get a perfect picture.

Panorama: Help you making a big long picture.

You can take picture while recording a video, and you can even take a picture of a video that you are viewing.

HTC One X:
4,7" screen, not that big again, when you have used it for sometime.
iPhone 4s:
3.5" screen, my old phone was a 3" screen, and when i try to use it, it just so small, so for me 3.5 is to small, 4.0 is to small to, 4.3 and it would be great.

So in the end i think you should go buy HTC One X or HTC One S if HTC One X is to big, or to expensive, and remember you get more for your money if you buy HTC One X or S than iPhone, because you pay a lot for iPhone because it a popular franchise
04-28-2014, 11:21 AM

I had the Iphone 4S since January and recently sold it for a HTC One X

It depends what you're into.

Iphone 4S is very stable and smooth, but you're locked into Apple. You have to use Itunes (which I hate). With HTC One X you can just open up a empty folder and drag and drop (Also makes Iphone a pain for custom ringtones etc)

HTC One X comes with beats music, so with the right headphones music quality would be better, it is a Quad Core so is faster, it has Nividia Chip (same as laptops) as has better screen and graphics, 2d and 3d games

It is MUCH more customisable, which is a big thing for me, I love customising, Apple has IOS and HTC One X has Android with Sense 4.0 for better user experience but you can download Nova or Apex laucher for a different feel again. The two offer tonnes of features

HTC One X supports Flash, Iphone does not

HTC One X is much larger with a 4.7 inch screen (HTC One S had 4.2)

I love Roms, you can unlock your phone, root it and flash custom roms, it's like having an new phone every week with different features

Although cameria quality is similar, HTC One X has more features, can take 99 photos in burst mode and automatically save the best one, it has panorama mode, back and white, vintage, sepia etc

You can install third party apps and games, cannot on Iphone

Htc one X comes with 32 gb storage as standard

You can get google chrome internet explorer among other on HTC One X

If you're into torrents you can download free apps, games & emulators (play playstation, super nintendo, gameboy etc games on your phone)

Task manager - On the iphone you have to close each app individually, with task manager on HTC you can close all (important if data is limited)

In conclusion, the Iphone is a stable phone, with limited features. You're locked in as it trades features for safety. If you want tonnes of features, into customising, gaming, etc then go for HTC One X

Glad I traded