This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm constantly loosing internet connection, and everytime it's a different problem.?
04-28-2014, 11:05 AM
I'm constantly loosing internet connection, and everytime it's a different problem.?
Okay, so, since yesterday, I noticed my internet connection went on vacation, so I did the usual: Unplug modem and router for 30 seconds. (Maybe more). However, this happened around 3 times in the same hour. It then worked fine for the rest of the day. Now today, it's happened about six times. What I notice, is that it does fix itself when I unplug, but everytime there's a new problem.

There was a "The DNS server is not responding" one that came up 3 times though.

But just now these happened.

I'm not a tech--whatever you call them.

So naturally I don't understand what the fuck any of this means. What is the DNS server?
What does all of that in the screenshot mean?

And how can I stop from loosing internet connection?

Thank You.
-Freddy.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 11:15 AM

When you try to connect to a web page, you enter the domain name such as Yahoo.com.
Computers however don't know domain names from adam. Instead, a DNS server (Domain Name Server) keeps a list of all of the IPs associated with a name and when you type yahoo.com your computer asks the DNS server what the IP is and the computer then uses it to reach out to Yahoo's server.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply