This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet connection cant handle Xbox Live?
04-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Internet connection cant handle Xbox Live?
ok so my brother got his internet connection with the Post Office. The speed isn't the greatest and get disconnected from the laptop alot. So we phone them up saying that when we connected the xbox online we would either be getting the worst lag in the world or get disconnected altogether.

the guy on the phone said that they connection isn't able to cope with xbox live but there is away around it. He said to my brother (who knows nothing of computers) that there was some port that we could open and then it should work.

So here's the question, has anyone had this problem with the Post office or with some else and be able to get it fixed
OR
does anyone know what Port the guy was talking about.

Thanks In advance
Please help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 11:15 AM

the ports he means are ports on the router, please see here for instructions on how to open the ports - http://www.ehow.com/how_6745637_open-xbo...ports.html

if your laptop is getting disconnected as well i dont think the ports will make a difference - you will need a quicker internet connection

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply