This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why can't I copy music files onto my phone from my Windows 7 PC?
04-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Why can't I copy music files onto my phone from my Windows 7 PC?
I use a USB cord to copy files to my phone, it used to work, but now it doesn't. But, I can still listen to songs on my PC (the songs are in my phone) though.

I just drag a song off the downloads tab on google chrome into my phone's 'music' section, but it just doesn't do anything.
@Nick, yeah, it doesn't do nothing. A pop-up used to say "Copying files, please wait." But nothing shows up now.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 11:17 AM

It doesn't work like that. You need to go to the folder where the file is. After the file is downloaded, on the right side of the file there is an arrow. Press it and click on 'Show in folder'. Then get the file from the folder onto your phone

Ads

04-28-2014, 11:19 AM

make sure your phone firstly has enough storage and secondly that your phone is in 'hard drive' mode or something similar where you can transfer files. drag them to a music folder and it should work. and when you say it does nothing, do you absolutley mean that? like there's no pop up, no progress bar, no error screen, nothing? good luck, I have had a lot of problems with copying files from my computer to my android phone just because the wires in the usb cabe are very poor, even though they came with the phone. try jiggling it around until it actually connects then keep it 100% still