This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
high speed internet connection?
04-28-2014, 11:17 AM
high speed internet connection?
i want to connect my dsi to the nintendo WFC to play pokemon online.but how do i understand whether my internet connection is high speed or not.i live in sri lanka. and my ISP is sri lanka telekom. and i got the connection through a wired router(COMTREND CT-5071) via phone cable .please help.
i checked with speedtest.net and my dowload speed is 0.58Mb/s and upload speed is 0.10Mb/s and the ping is 64ms.does this matters
and i have broadband internet connection

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 11:20 AM

high speed is anything that is not dial up really...

go to http://www.speedtest.net
and hit begin test, if ur download is over 2mbps ur high

Ads

04-28-2014, 11:23 AM

Anything faster than Dial-Up is considered "High Speed". DSL is "High Speed", but the speeds can vary. Even the satellite internet connection is "High Speed", but there is as much as 2 seconds delay between requesting data and actually receiving it.

The nintendo will work with any High Speed connection, but depending on the speed (how fast information travels) and latency time (the time between requesting data until you receive it) will affect your gaming.

The problems with slower High Speed connections are most obvious when playing high speed games against other users. By the time you see a situation on the screen, jump or fire your weapon, your opponent may have already have seen it, fired on you, and when your screen finally updates, you are dead.

Here are 2 speed testing sites. If your speed is substantially lower than the reported speed, contact your DSL provider.