This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buying an ebay item. Is it ok to buy this way on paypal?
04-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Buying an ebay item. Is it ok to buy this way on paypal?
I want to buy an item listed on eBay uk and get it delivered in India. The listing mentioned shipping to EU only but the seller has agreed to ship it to India if i make a purchase directly on paypal to his account. I'd have to make a single payment(cost of item+shipping) to his Paypal account and he has asked me to enter the eBay item number and all details of item while paying on paypal in the description box. What he'll do is remove the listing from eBay and ship it to me via Royal Mail signed for delivery-would require a signature on arrival, also traceable until it leaves U.K.

I want to know if I'd be covered by buyer protection on eBay or PayPal.

He said this way we'll both be covered by Buyer and seller protection.
Is he honest? Should i go ahead? Is it a normal way to shop?

I've used PayPal before but directly through the PayPal button present on websites. I haven't used this send payment for goods option before, that's why im concerned.

Please clarify.

Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 11:25 AM

You will NOT be covered by eBays buyer protection unless you buy it directly through the eBay site. He's lying to you. Don't trust him.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply