This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet Connection Problem?
04-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Internet Connection Problem?
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop. I've recently reformatted and when I booted and tried to get on the internet, it said no connection. There's nothing wrong with the connection, it's internal.. There's a program somewhere on the disc or I can downloaded it. My brother in law did it on my desktop, but I cant get a whole of him. Does anyone know the name of the program that I install to get my Laptop to recognize a internet connection?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 11:39 AM

Simply download and install all the drivers for your specific laptop model from the Dell website. There is no such thing as a "recognise an internet connection application", what is missing is most likely the wired and/or wireless network adapter driver.

Ads

04-28-2014, 11:43 AM

Wireless or LAN?
04-28-2014, 11:47 AM

You should install required drivers for surfing, which you must have got with your laptop when you bought it
04-28-2014, 11:50 AM

if it wont recognize your network than there is a problem with either your card or your modem and or router contact your internet service provider for assitance
04-28-2014, 11:53 AM

When you say you "formatted" it, you deleted everything and installed some version of Windows.
(Which one?)

But you haven't installed any of the drivers.

Some devices are "plug and play" and Windows will have the driver for them. But many are not PnP and/or Windows doesn't have the driver.

So you must go to the Dell website and Downloads and find your laptop model. Then find the LAN adapter driver for whatever version of Windows you have and download it. Install it and restart the laptop.
04-28-2014, 12:00 PM

Did you check the drivers? what OS are you using??