This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Acoustic Research awd211 Wireless Headphones Kills Internet?
04-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Acoustic Research awd211 Wireless Headphones Kills Internet?
I have an Acoustic Research awd211 Wireless headset. When its turned on it kills the internet to almost nothing, and upload speed is nothing and downloading and webpages comes up very slow if at all at times. I need wireless headphones because my hearing is real bad due to cancer treatments I received while in the Navy. I use over the ear headsets as well because on the ear starts hurting after so many hours in use. I used to have the AWD210 set and it worked great with no internet problems at all.
I need to know what I can do to keep the wireless headset from taking up all the bandwidth Ooor, tell me about another wireless headset I can get that's Over the Ear and uses a 2.4ghz not some IR set. I really could use some help, also If anyone knows of another headset, id like ones that use AA or AAA batteries, so I can swop batteries out when they need it as I can do with the AWD211 set I have.
The router I use is Motorola wr850g
and yes the headsets do interfere with wireless services as I found people complaining of it on amazon.com when I looked up the headphones. And the acoustic research doesn't have any support.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 12:55 PM

Contact AR's cust service.

& check for recalls on that model. I assume you'r outa warranty.

I don't see why headphones would affect bandwidth.

If in Windows, open Task Manager and see if when phones are used, they launch other apps, services, etc.

Rt click an open area of the task bar & choose TM

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply