This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how can i speed up my internet connection and how can i find out the name of my internet connection?
04-28-2014, 01:50 PM
how can i speed up my internet connection and how can i find out the name of my internet connection?
well i have like a good connection but not good enough can anyone tell me how i can find out the name of my internet connection and how can i increase it please help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 02:00 PM

This is an odd question.

- Are you on dial-up, DSL or cable?
- Who are you paying for the service?
- What operating system are you running?
- Are you having issues with anything being slow or just the internet?

The answers to these might point us to a satisfactory solution.

HTH : )

Ads

04-28-2014, 02:08 PM

first off, do a speed test, find out if you are within the normal speed range of your DSL or cable plan (try sites like http://arin.net)

then check your telephone bill. most internet services are the same company as their phone companies. whatever company name you see there, that's your internet service provider. try calling their local billing department to inquire about possible upgrades to your speed plan.

take in consideration that if you will upgrade your speed plan, your monthly bills will also increase =)
04-28-2014, 02:18 PM

Your internet connection may be fast and stable, but all of that pROn may be bogging down your PC's hard drive.

You can always go to start/control panel/internet options/ delete temporary internet files.
Move photos from the hard drive to CD, and delete them from the hard drive.
Learn to defrag your hard drive after deleting or downloading huge files.
Make sure you don't have several apps running when surfing or gaming on-line. Ctrl+Alt+Delete/ taskmanager/ applications...and "end task" those you are not using at that time.

Just a few tips to speed up your PC, if your internet is fine. How do you NOT know who your internet service provider is??? Who do you send the bill to:Comcast, AT&T, Insight, etc...