This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Writing a SEO Report - Advice pls?
04-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Writing a SEO Report - Advice pls?
Hi

Two quick questions please

1.) Is there a tool or a search engine query that I could enter to see where my website appears in the search results for a certain search phrase?

2.) I have to author a monthly SEO performance report to my boss - highlighting how SEO has improved the visibility of the site, site visitors etc?

What is the best way of doing this ? i.e.

Take a screenshot of google analytics data before SEO work commences and then show the increase in visitors?
Take a screenshot of search position for a particular phrase before SEO and after?

Any other recommendations

Lauren

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:52 PM

1) Google "ranking tracking tools" and there are a tone of them....also Google Webmaster Tools gives you rankings based on where your site is ranking (which is free)

2) There are also plenty of programs that will do this for you...but the best way to think about an SEO report is to think about what business question are you trying to ask. Then continue to run the report on a regular bases (I prefer monthly). I usually use Google Analytics and a third part ranking software to populate an excel spreadsheet that answers these basic questions:

- How much traffic am I receiving from natural search on a monthly basis
- How much revenue/leads am I receiving from Natural search on a monthly basis
- How am I ranking on my top 10-20 most import keywords
- What type of traffic & revenue/leads are those keywords generating

Create that report on a monthly bases and track your SEO tasks and you should be able to see a correlation for each. Just remember SEO doesn't happen overnight....give your efforts a couple of months to take shape.

I plan on laying out the full process on my blog in the upcoming month - http://www.digitalbrandingstrategy.com - which is about things like tracking success for your digital campaigns (SEO as well as other mediums)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply