This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to do when Android Kitkat 4.4 on Galaxy s4 crashed while i was browsing Chrome?
04-28-2014, 04:46 PM
What to do when Android Kitkat 4.4 on Galaxy s4 crashed while i was browsing Chrome?
I was browsing Chrome when suddenly, the screen went black. I tried turning it on and it did.. however it kept turning on (the samsung logo kept appearing). I tried recharging it but the red light thingy won't light up. WHAT SHOULD I DO?? HELP!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:51 PM

your in classic textbook bootloop.... why???? hell if I know.... i dont know what you did to the phone recently... bootloop usually happens with a bad root or bad custom rom install or bad stock rom update.......... or........... defective phone

only 3 things fix bootloop

1) hard reboot... this means while the phone is looping, remove the battery! Wait 2 min.. insert battery and turn on

2) if that didnt work, you next resort is a Hard factory reset.... simple Google Search to learn how to Hard Factory Reset a GS4... this will wipe all data on the phone! SD card wont be touched!

3) If that didnt work, and it STILL looping.... and you are tech savy, Google Search an RUU (Recovery Update Utility) for teh GS4 make/model # you have...... I stress this---- It has to be for the phone Model# you have!!!!!!!!!!!! or you can end up with an australian or Korean GS4! UNDERSTAND!?!?!?!!? once you founf your RUU, follow instructions.... and pray.... an RUU is like a factory reset on crack.. Factory resets wipe user data off the phone.... RUU will format the entire memory! Earing ALL data, including android itself.... the phone becomes braindead... the RUU will then install the unrooted stock rom for your phone made by your wireless carrier.... this is how warranty depts fuix phones and re-sell them as "refurbished"

uif you dont want to do #3........ and you swear to god you didnt root it..... then call your wireles carrier and get a free new GS4 via warranty.............. if you did root it, your warranty is VOID (samsung puts a ticker counter in the phone to tell if teh internal software was modded (rooted).... if so, cough up $100 for a insruance replacement

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply