This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the introductory rate for photographers?
04-28-2014, 04:48 PM
What is the introductory rate for photographers?
I was wondering what the average introductory rate was for an photographer?
Also what would be a great portfolio discount rate to give?
I just need a little help! I would really appreciate it if you took the time to help thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:51 PM

What niche are you talking about? Rates for wedding photographers are different for portrait photographers and fashion photographers.

I suggest you check out some photography websites that you can find based on your target niche.

I've seen some charge $799 for wedding photography package.

Pricing for an advertising photography may consist of basic daily fee, creative fee, usage fee, and expenses plus margin.

Basic daily fee is the minimum rate you feel you must charge to meet overhead and make reasonable profit for the day,
Creative fee is the fee you set for your creative talent over and above the daily fee.
Usage fee is an opportunity for further price differentiation depending on how the photographs are used.
Expenses plus margin are all the out-of-pocket expenses associated with the shoot, plus a percentage margin added to the cost of any items or specialized services that you need to buy such as film, prop rentals, or services of hair stylists and models.

Ads

04-28-2014, 04:59 PM

To be completely honest with you . Wedding photography prices can be a little tricky , From my experience wedding photographer sometimes just price out for a profit then anything else. You really cant put a price on art but if I were a costumer looking for the type of photographer. Because anything I would look into certain aspects to see if they complement the pricing.

Reviews, Recent Posts/ Blogs, Comments, In studio Locations, Publications. These are all factors to see if the person is actually a legitimate photographer . In this case you can view what others are saying about them and even ask them for their testimonials. Sometimes its worth to pay a little extra for a photographer but know that everything will be taken care of. For instance Would you want to drive a Mercedes or a Kia . Both reliable both get you from point A to point B . However: the experience will be completely different, the quality will be completely different.