This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help on Comodo Dragon firewall security ?
04-28-2014, 04:50 PM
Help on Comodo Dragon firewall security ?
I just started using the latest version of Comodo firewal. It showed a huge amt of updation after starting, I think its virus definition of something. Its size is about 160 MB. I avoided it till now due to slow and limited internet (I will download that update later when convenient, until then the firewal is working alright). I guess, It won't scan things for virus until I fully update the file. Tell me whats its purpose?

There was also an option of diverting DNS to a Comodo DNS (perhaps filter loopback traffic to a new local IP) to make them work faster or something. Is it safe? Whats the purpose?

What settings on the level of security I should keep? Can you help me on basics for settings for general purpose? Thanks
Rick, I see, I disabled antivirus of comodo permanently now bec I already have Avast latest one. I heard that Comodo firewal is best. So I should rather use only the firewall of comodo. It also gave me browser which is a version of Chrome. I don't use that.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:58 PM

Put settings for firewall and defense+ in safe mode and leave the rest in default. You may not have just the firewall but also the anti-virus which is probably why the download is so big. I've read where Comodo's anti-virus is a tad weak but sufficient. I personally opt out of the anti-virus and just get the firewall and install another anti-virus like Avast,AVG,PandaCloud Anti-virus,or Microsoft Security Essentials or even AviraAntivir (all have free versions). However,with safe surfing practices,Comodo anti-virus will do the job.

Yes,use only the Comodo firewall and disable Windows firewall. Avast is a very good anti-virus,I use it too. The Comodo Dragon browser is a shoot off of the Google Chrome browser,it's OK but I prefer Firefox over the rest.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply