This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you feel about door-to-door flyers for advertising?
10-15-2012, 09:15 PM
How do you feel about door-to-door flyers for advertising?
Hi I am a new Avon representative in a new town where I know very few people. To get my business started, I am thinking of going door-to-door with flyers but have heard opposing points on this. Some say it's a waste of time and money; others say it's great for business. Some say it's an invasion of privacy; others disagree. So, what do you think?
Also, how do you feel about leaving the flyers on wind shields? Any other tips for getting my name out there? I have a Facebook page (Avon Justine Near) if anyone is interested in checking it out! 10 points to best answer!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:23 PM

Justine, Door to door 'flyers' are OK, but not near as effective as knocking on the door, personally handing the flyer to the perspective customer and giving a short and friendly sales pitch. Be friendly and be knowledgeable about your product.

Ads

10-15-2012, 09:23 PM

GO For It:
In my opinion door to door marketing is highly effective for launching a new product in the market. In your case door to door marketing can give you the initial push you need to start off with the business. However please keep in mind that door to door marketing can very easily annoy your target market if the frequency of it is not kept appropriately low. In my opinion you can safely resend similar message to your target once every 2 months during the launching phase of your product.

Stand Out:
You have to keep in mind that the recipients of your message will also be approached by several other advertisers as well therefore the biggest challenge is to stand out of the crowd. For this contrast effect you need to ensure that you use innovative techniques and methods to ensure recall and retention of the message by your target market.

Useful Tips:
1. Use innovative door hangers rather than simple leaflets. If you really want to stand i would recommend you to source highly innovative full color printed door hangers from China through Tradekey.com. Usually door hanger manufacturers from china will accept a minimum order quantity of 1000 units which we will printed both side in full color and pre-folded for your convenience.

If you really want to go insane google "innovative door hangers" images for inspiration. Not only you will find ingenious designs but also find the use of plastic and even chrome to give your door hanger the extra edge.

Funny Is Good:
Remember the best form of marketing is the world is Viral marketing where the recipients of your marketing message proactively spread it to others. The best way to do that is the use of humor appeal. Man is a social animal, he wants to be liked by other, to be popular, thats why jokes are shared and forwarded you much. Use humor appeal in your message if your product and brands allows you to.

Door to door marketing is Cost effective:
Remember Door to door is a cost effective method therefore you have to ensure the you keep your marketing cost low and for that sourcing hangers from China through Tradekey.com is the best possible solution.

Flyers on Windshields:
As far as the flyers on wind shields are concerned, i would recommend you not to so, simply because when the owner of the car will return the chances of him/her to pay attention to your flyer is absolutely dismal. No one has the time to read your flyer before they drive off, they simply will discard or ignore the message all together. However this is not the case with door hangers, because chances are the owner of the house will mostly take it inside the house where he can relax and maybe read it later if not immediately.