This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet Connection Keeps Restarting?
04-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Internet Connection Keeps Restarting?
Every week or so, my internet connection begins to restart. I can still acess the internet, but I get page lags and I can't view streams or log onto to any instant messaging programs. I use DSL. Any help?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:56 PM

Have you always had this problem? If it started recently and have not alway have this problem make sure you check for virus, spyware, and malware. If can't find anything. Try resetting your Ethernet Settings by using. By using XP TCP/IP Repair

http://www.xp-smoker.com/freeware.html

Ads

04-28-2014, 04:58 PM

check your modem driver and also contact with your isp provider for your problem
04-28-2014, 05:07 PM

i work for an US ISP Gaint ( Tech support) these are the most likely reason chk them
Near ya modem is there any cordless phone any microwave device or speakers..if yes move dem away
ensure tht all phone line are filtered if u have fax ,sat tv .burglar alarm install filter on them as well
the disctance bet modem and comp has to be morethen 2 feet
if ur problem doesn fall in any of the cat above then chk if the dsl light on ya modem goes red when ya get disconnected if yes call up ya int tech support an tell to chk the line signals
04-28-2014, 05:13 PM

It is possible that you may have downloaded a virus called a redialer. To find out of you have go to

Control Panel > Network Connections.

If there is more than the internet connections you know about then any extra is probably a redialer.

If so you need to get rid of it urgently because they disconnect from your normal ISP but dial up using your dial up modem on a very expensive line.

If it is a redialer (for example one is called Carlson or Carlton Redialer) you need to google it to find a site with removal instructions but be careful, because some of the sites offering removal instructions are actually run by the people sending the virus so use a source whos name you know and trust.

Quite often AV software cannot remove these things so in that case you could backup your important stuff then delete and reinstal your operating system and restore your programs.