This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SEO help for Weebly.com user?
04-28-2014, 04:58 PM
SEO help for Weebly.com user?
I use weebly.com for my website and i am in need of help for getting my site listed on google. i followed all the directions on the site and have registered with google webmasters and verified but it still doesnt show up. ps. i have allowed enough time, i know you have to wait for it to show up. my website is <mtiffany.weebly.com> . also it would be nice if you could explain how "meta tags" and "crawlers" and SEO stuff works. Thanks!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 05:05 PM

http://www.tizag.com/SEOTutorial/
Even if you did wait, maybe you haven't waited long enough? Sometimes it takes a week to get listed, sometimes a month. Sometimes they might say your site is listed but something went wrong.

The above link is a good guide on SEO. You're going to want a lot of content and a lot of site specific content (i.e. you could give your photography business or whatever it is a name, like Markography- it might sound a little silly, but when you search for it, chances are your site will come out on top). Shared domain sites (such as weebly or geopages) also tend to get ranked a lot lower and take a lot longer to get ranked than larger sites with their own domain. Aside from just submitting it, you might also want to work on getting some backlinks. If you have a myspace or facebook, post a link to your site on their. If you use any online forums, most of them in your profile settings let you post a link to your website.

Ads

04-28-2014, 05:05 PM

It usually takes at least 2 weeks or few months to crawl your site, your webmaster will show your site ranking on SEO. However, your site is sharing from weebly, most snippets will show weebly more than the other related sub-domain because you use weebly same IP hosting address. To solves this problem, you can

1. Write an attractive topic, introduction and content with some keywords links on your landing page; because Google-bot will consider the above resources that useful to appear on SEO

"Welcome to my website! This website is to share my photography. It is a work in progress but comments are extremely welcome!"

Be honest, your greeting is not interesting, please write some new and create some links to the other page, e.g. "photography" this keyword link to your other photos page, "comments" link to comment page.

2. After done, go to Google URL submit your URL - google.com/addurl
this action to fetch the engine-bot "Spider" to crawl your site. Make sure you fix your page as above, otherwise, after "spider" gone when crawl your site is nothing, it will take the other longer time to waiting it back again!

What's the best for your site in the future?
Actually, you should make your site Meta Tag that includes HTML header, Subscription and keywords. However, your site is sharing from someone, you can't do it completely well because you get their support will have limitation. Now, you domain is sub-domain that is not a real domain, it impact your site ranking, your site will impression on SEO but the rank will be lower under the main keywords. To solve this problem, you should have your own domain. In case, the site owner cancel your site, you can build the new one and the people can always find you under your domain. Because you get the domain registration, you have the ownership permission to forwards and mask your domain to any where you like. If you mask your domain, and you can create the "mask-domain meta tag" that your sub-domain site can't give it to you. You have to know "Meta Tag" that help all of the engine-bots to distinguish your site, Google, Yahoo, Bing will use it to put your snippet appear on the SEO result page!

Also, own your Hosting IP that exactly impact the SEO geo-targeting. You have to learn how to build your own site in the future instead of using share-page!
04-28-2014, 05:10 PM

Hey my friend, SEO needs time and regular effort and you also need to do lots of link building along with above mentioned things
04-28-2014, 05:14 PM

This is the king of SEO by Andy Jenkins. He's a genius.

http://www.seofaststart.com/download
04-28-2014, 05:14 PM

SEO is not as simple as a Web Development. We can develop a website within time but in SEO It needs a long time and daily updations to getting better results. What you have to do is give it to any SEO Company, they can help you for the process.

Inspired Design is a Web development and SEO company based in New Zealand. We are doing SEO for various clients. So make a contact as soon as possible and we can help you to getting good results in Google, Yahoo and MSN.