This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to promote an online forum?
04-28-2014, 05:04 PM
How to promote an online forum?
We've made a gamer forum where gamers can chat and share experience and advice for all kinds of games ranging from PC to iPhone, Xbox to ps2.
We've posted it on some websites but was wondering how to get it to take off and liven up???

(This is our forum:http://pharess.nstars.org/)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 05:05 PM

Hi Jessica

You need to drive lots of targeted traffic to your forum, here are some ideas for getting traffic to your forum:

- PPC (like google adwords, but there are lots of other PPC services) - paid traffic
- Video Marketing (especially via YouTube)
- here at Yahoo! Answers
- submit articles about your forum
- Squidoo and Hubpages
- Blog commenting
- Craigslist
- email marketing
- Ad Swaps / Solo Ads - paid traffic

hope that helps

Ads

04-28-2014, 05:10 PM

thanks for your questiones i think you can go online solutions center and than give his and her i get it to talk off and liven up.ok bye
04-28-2014, 05:17 PM

I just had a look at your forum site...it's really new..

Normally I would suggest the usual stuff like viral tools but I think
in this case it needs a different approach.

I would suggest, to start by posting some really good stuff in it.
Then proceed by promoting it to your circle of friends in facebook, twitter....etc..
Also consider rewarding members who bring people in, be creative in this 1.
Give away free stuff like walk-throughs for some games...
04-28-2014, 05:21 PM

i just visited your new website, you really did nice looking job there.

In my opinion, there are many ways you can promote your website and get more traffic online, seeing that your website is a forum which make it more easy for you to get more targeted traffic.unlike any other website that target a particular niche, forum can contain many classification of niche.

First, i will advice you start posting good, educating and interesting article on your new website. after which you can start inviting your friends from Facebook, twitter to your website. by redirecting them to the post you made on your website.

Another way of getting free traffic to your website is by making post on other free forum website and making reference of your website o your post. i thing that will help you get more free traffic.

If you want to promote you website on paid traffic, i will advice you get a Facebook ads. that will generate thousand of targeted traffic to your website in just a few days.

Hope this will help you and thanks for reading.