This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to hire a programmer to make a game, where do I hire one?
10-15-2012, 09:15 PM
I want to hire a programmer to make a game, where do I hire one?
Basically, the game is card game. It is NOT texas hold em for sure, since there are so many of them. And I will want the game to be able to be integrated with cpalead and facebook. Problem is, I am not a programmer and of course I don't know where to get one. Please help. It is really good that I know the on going rate too, since I don't know the market price. Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:23 PM

As a private contract I'd not accept any less than $60 / hour.

Depending on exactly how complex the game is, and what types of animations you wanted, it could take anywhere from 10 - ??? hours to complete.

Ads

post on http://www.craigslist.org or indeed if you are hiring someone to do programming

Post your budget, because programmers don't bite unless they know you can pay what it's going to cost. No one is going to waste hours figuring out exactly what you want (from your description it sounds as if you aren't certain yet) so they can give you an estimate, only to find out that you were thinking of spending $1,000 (and that will just not cut it - by a long shot).

There are a lot of freelancing websites for contracts. The more specific you are, the better chances at getting a good hire will be.

Another thing to consider...

You have to speak with cpalead and FaceBook to get permission to have the game play through their sites.

If you just wanted to make it a game you could play directly with your friends, you could have someone make a Networked version of the game and have your own Server to host it on.