This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
please answer Facebook question?.?
04-28-2014, 05:20 PM
please answer Facebook question?.?
I received a post today on facebook saying click forward to see who has been looking at your profile.

I have an imac keyboard and new to computers so what is forward button????

Can you see really who has looked??

Thank you so much

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 05:26 PM

nah, it's junk. prob getting you to sign up to some application. Forward in the pc is moving forward a page, so don't know how that wud work since you have to click back first. I'm guessing it means click on the link or something. I wudnt if i were you.

Ads

04-28-2014, 05:29 PM

nope! it don't work!
04-28-2014, 05:38 PM

Ha, ha - you're joking right???
04-28-2014, 05:47 PM

Don't forward it, more than likely it will probably have a virus or something. It's some nonsense link and on facebook you can't see who has looked at your profile.

Hope this helps Smile
04-28-2014, 05:48 PM

The only thing groups can do is show their own content, ie. they cannot access other's profiles, etc. I've seen those groups before, and it is obviously fake.

Nothing, including applications, are allowed to track views, as The Facebook terms do not allow this to happen (for anything, including, but not limited to, pictures, videos, and the profile page itself). ie. Facebook does not allow users to track profile views or see statistics on how often a particular piece of content has been viewed and by whom.

There have been several applications that have claimed to do this in the past, but they either didn't work or were removed by facebook for violating its privacy terms.

Third party developers, however, may offer applications that provide some of this functionality, subject to the following terms:

1. Applications cannot track profile views for users who simply visit another person's profile. Facebook has made this technically impossible.
2. In order to be tracked by an application, you must explicitly agree to allow the application to access your information.
3. Adding an application that provides this functionality is purely optional. If you do not want to participate, please do not add the application to your account.

Unlike myspace, Facebook's philosphy is to let users view what they want without others knowing what they viewed.

So you can check out that cute guy/girl with no worries about them finding out, but unfortunately you will not be able to find out who has been viewing yours.
04-28-2014, 05:51 PM

no you can't , that post has been going round for a while now. just spam.