This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I find out someones IP address from through facebook or if I know their email?
04-28-2014, 05:25 PM
Can I find out someones IP address from through facebook or if I know their email?
About a month ago I was messaged on Facebook by someone who claimed to be from another country... Giving them the benefit of the doubt I talked to them. We continued to talk almost every night for hours on facebook. However, we haven't spoken in days, and It doesn't look like they'll be on for awhile. My friends think that this person is messing with me and that the person I've been talking to is probably some random old man or someone from my old school (annnd knowing the immature kids at my last school that isn't impossible). Before we stopped talking he gave me his email and his phone number (I've never called it). Could I possibly find out this person's IP address from the information I have? I just want to see the country the IP address is from... Thank you to anyone who answers this c:

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 05:29 PM

no thats a invasion of privacy

Ads

04-28-2014, 05:38 PM

The phone number should be a real giveaway!
04-28-2014, 05:40 PM

No, IP addresses change constantly. The only way to trace an IP address is if you have a currant active direct link like an active chat. e-mail is sent to the e-mail service that holds it 'til the user gets it.

Basically it's like trying to find someones house when all you have is a post office box #. If they have somebody pick the mail up, and send it to another address you're screwed.

The phone # is more likely to be helpful if it's real. If the phone # has a country code (usually 01, or 011 followed by 2-3 digits) before the number than it's likely from out of country. However if they're using an internet phone service (like Skype) you can get a phone # from a different area. Since I don't have anyone local that calls me (except businesses) my phone number is based in a city 300 miles north where my family is.
04-28-2014, 05:46 PM

It may not be too easy to find anyone's I.P address. Sure I.P address change but not as constantly as one likes to think or one is told that it does. l have the same I.P address for quite sometimes now. To find the I.P address of a person you will nerd the backing of Law. Even the law Officers cannot call up the Internet Service provider and demand the I.P address of anyone at random or at their whim. They need specific orders from a judge or someone.
The way things stand in USA now most of the I.P addresses and all are being routinely snooped upon by the NSA / FBI and the likes.
As long as this so called 'someone' from Facebook is not bothering you too much and as long as this person has not acted like a creep, then you can maybe slowly put more distance (as in distant connection) between yourself and him, to be on the safe side..