This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does where you place in a Google search ultimately come down to how often Google crawls your website?
04-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Does where you place in a Google search ultimately come down to how often Google crawls your website?
I understand SEO techniques such as inserting backlinks, having new content, and having relevant content all increase search rank but from what I gather all of this stuff in the end increases the frequency at which google bots will crawl your website. So in the end is this the ultimate goal of all SEO. To get google to crawl your website as much as possible?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 05:43 PM

Blogs that make regular updates tend to get better ranking because Google prefers fresh content, I understand the spidering frequency tends to match the content update rate of a site but I have not heard of the spidering frequency in itself being a ranking factor.

Ads

04-28-2014, 05:51 PM

For the "macro" search (as opposed to local search/maps) I have found that the biggest contributing factor nowadays is still backlinks, but now there is a huge push favoring "social curation."

This is all kind of the 80/20 rule that I am talking about here so please do not think that this answer is by any means the end all say all ultimate authority when it comes to backlinks. What I am talking about gives you the bulk of the SEO boost benefits that most people are looking for.

So, to further explain....you should still be getting backlinks from any source you can find and obviously the more relevant the better, however, with the advent of social media - Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus as well as Review sites it is more important than ever to allow for interactive engagement when it comes to your content.

Whenever you can get folks to talk about your site or a post you made, etc, and the more people engaged in that discussion, the more the search engines seem to place some heavy weight to that discussion.

Social Engagement coupled with backlinks is simply huge in my honest opinion. Simply do a search for "blog curation" or "social media curation" to find tons of info out there about this.
04-28-2014, 05:57 PM

In the end the Ultimate Goal of all SEOs is to get Google to crawl a website and then also get it ranked in the top two or three Search Engine Result Pages(SERPs). Ultimately, you will have to follow some steps like getting your site registered in Directories like Yahoo Directory and Dmoz Directory. Apart from that you will also have to do SMO which means Social Media Optimization of your site on Social Networking Websites like Google+, Facebook and Twitter. Along with SMO, you will still have to carry on with Traditional SEO Techniques like On-Page & Off-Page Optimization.