This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should i expect for flag fb tryouts?
04-28-2014, 05:46 PM
What should i expect for flag fb tryouts?
Im in 8th grade and trying out for flag football. Im a bit rusty at playing on a full team since i havent played in a league since fourth grade. Im still decent from neighborhood football though. My question is, what should i expect for my school's tryouts, and how do i prepare for them. I just want to know what to expect so i know how to prepare myself. Anything to work on helps and if you want maybe include some videos on what to expect for try outs.

Ps its march 11th.

Thanks, zane

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 05:49 PM

Tryouts might include a series of cone drills (expert village on youtube has a lot) and some fooling around or at least what i consider fooling around which may be just running routes the coaches/ or QB tells u to run basically pass and catch. You cant do much in 3 days to improve beisdes catch and chase drills. No blocking or tackling drills obvi. WHAT TO EXPECTConfusedo for defense the basic set up of your team will be practiced/organized could be 2 or 1 safetys back 3 or 2 cornerbacks and a shitload of linebackers (4-6) you'll see this at the tryouts or prac. Walkthroughs on some of their plays might be initiated so like the showing of plays on offense or defense at walking speed or halfspeed. Dont Sweat it bro flag football is not that serious just run around and do some pass and catch with your friends to prepare for it you'll get the hang of pulling flags in practice. Have fun man flag football was the shit back in my day (about 3 years ago haha)

Ads

04-28-2014, 05:51 PM

Well I have not played flag football in a league, but i have played tackle. The only really things that i think you can do right now condition yourself so when you really do conditioning it isn't too hard. you can also do that ladder drill where you lay the ladder on the grass and do different footwork drills. You should also really work on catching and trying to juke a defender. Oh and i'm not a coach.
04-28-2014, 05:58 PM

To make a flag football team, you should continue to be very gay.