This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
eBay bidding question?
04-28-2014, 05:47 PM
eBay bidding question?
So I won a bid for $100 (pair of shoes), I have PayPal money pending in my account from when I sold an item a few days ago for $200. I told the seller of the shoes if pay him once my money goes through and he decided to relist the item instead. Now the shoes I won in bidding is still sitting in my item list I have to buy. What happens if I press buy? Or should I ignore it until another person buys them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 05:53 PM

Your transaction is not complete and you ought to pay for the shoes as soon as you can. In fact, you had no business bidding on something you didn't have the money to buy.

Ads

04-28-2014, 06:02 PM

Buyers do not have to pay immediately, if I don't receive payment within 4 days I contact the buyer to find out what the issue is, if still no payment after 5 days I open an unpaid item dispute which give the buyer more time to pay.

Does he have more than one pair of the same shoes for sale? How do you know he isn't selling a different pair? If there was just the one pair of shoes for sale then what he has done is wrong. He has to give you time to pay.

At the end of the line which shows this transaction in your "My Ebay" section is an arrow. Click on this & choose "Resolve a problem". Choose the most appropriate action probably "seller refuses to complete sale" something like that. You state your side of the argument & Ebay then takes over & the onus on you to pay will be officially removed if the seller has relisted the item you won.

Here in Ireland you don't have to have cleared funds in your Paypal to pay for an item. If you don't have enough money in your account the balance comes off whichever credit card is associated with your Paypal account. I expect it is the same with Paypal/Ebay in America. Just for future reference.