This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the Fullback Position in football/ and how to play it?
04-28-2014, 05:48 PM
What is the Fullback Position in football/ and how to play it?
Can anyone give me insight on this I'm going to play football next year and if someone can tell me what the main roles are and how to play it affectively that would be appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 05:53 PM

Why would you choose to play FB if you don't know what the position does or have no clue how to play the position?

Ads

04-28-2014, 05:55 PM

To get a better perspective of the game of football and it&#x27;s positions, I would recommend going to American football at Wikipedia.. There is tons of information there that will help you... If your coach decides you will play fullback then he will teach you what you need to know... Good luck.....
04-28-2014, 05:59 PM

A fullback (FB) is often larger and stronger than a halfback, acts primarily as a blocker, and may also be used for catching passes or for rushing as a halfback does. Moreover, a fullback often lines up closer to the line of scrimmage than a halfback does, so the fullback may block for the halfback.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this (and every) offseason is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch fullback in football.