This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New website ideas please ?!?
04-28-2014, 05:48 PM
New website ideas please ?!?
Please can someone give me some ideas for a website and possibly a way to make it for free.
I have made basic websites before but I will probably be able to do more advanced stuff (not too advanced though!)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 05:50 PM

I don't know of any ways to make a website for free other than using a free blogspot or similar domain. That's not a good idea though.

For the complete novice, the easiest option I know of is this:

Get a cheap webhosting package that includes a free domain. Pick your domain and should all set itself up with minimal tech know-how.

A webhosting package should cost about £5 a month, so it's close to free.

Make sure your webhost includes 'installatron'.

Once set-up, log into your control panel, go on applications and find installatron, find wordpress and click on it.

Installatron makes installing wordpress an absolute doddle. Follow the steps requested and it will be fully set-up in no time.

Hey presto, you will have a website!

Now you need to learn how to use wordpress. There is a steep learning curve, but the basics are all fairly intuitive, so it shouldn't take more than a few hours to customise it a little bit and get it looking ok.

Note:
Just because it is wordpress, it doesn't have to be a blog, wordpress is great for regular websites too.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply