This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this site safe? Cheap authentic timberlands?
04-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Is this site safe? Cheap authentic timberlands?
I recently found a website that are doing good deals on timberland boots. They seem very legit and I would really like to buy from this site but I just would like to know whether it's safe and if anyone else has ordered from this site. They recommend you pay by paypal so does that mean they are selling what they are advertising? I will leave the link below and hope someone can give me some feedback Smile

http://www.timberlandboatlondonsale.co.uk

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 05:53 PM

No, it doesn't mean they are selling what they are advertising. Not sure why you think 'they seem very legit' - you wouldn't need to ask here if you were really confident. You aren't, so leave well alone.

Ads

04-28-2014, 06:02 PM

No.

The site is only a few weeks old.

Most likely, they only sell cheap counterfeit boots made in China.

The registration info for the website is fake.
04-28-2014, 06:12 PM

No contact details! The English is grammar is rubbish! The site has no connection with the UK. Guaranteed 100% Chinese site selling fakes, that's if you're lucky to get anything back at all.

Avoid like the plague!
04-28-2014, 06:20 PM

The brand/product name in a domain name should raise a red flag, this is generally not permitted for authorized dealers.

The site is less than 1 month old, that is a very bad sign. The word would not be out yet...

The Florida address used i the domain name registration is odd for a UK site, Google maps is completely baffled by the address, odds are it's a fake address made by a Chinese Counterfeit site operator.

Other sites using that same template:

timberlandportugal2013.com
timberlanditalia1918.com
timberlandnederlandsale.nl
timberlandi.com

Their Contact page shows a disposible AirJordan Gmail address, no identifying street address or phone number.

Bad Bad...

The 3 basic tests you can make of an online store.

1) Check the domain name whois owner information, many of the Chinese counterfeit sites will be immediately exposed, (anything from China would be fakes.)
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

The Contact US page only shows a disposable Air
2) Test 2: check the Contact Us page, if there is no identifying phone# or address forget it, imagine how easily an email alone can be ignored.

3) Search the web for complaints, try Googling: "thesite.com" scam, to see if it's been submitted to fraud site registries, a site under 3 months old may not yet be included even it deserving.
04-28-2014, 06:28 PM

If it sounds too good to be true and is raising alarm bells with you then it probably is not safe.