This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moving Away.........?
04-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Moving Away.........?
I currently live in Blackpool with my husband and daughter. My Mum and Dad live also in Blackpool as does my husband's. I used to live in Wales for a short while and was also born there. I have an extremely close relationship with my Auntie who lives up there too. I have always wanted to move back and now that has become a reality and we have been offered a house and upon viewing if we want it we have got it. The house in on top of a mountain and has new kitchen/bathroom, basically superb. However, now it is reality. Has anyone ever moved away from there family to live further a field and if so how do/did you feel about that. Did it upset you too much to leave your parents behind and what you know or was it easier than expected? Just need someone I can relate to and see how difficult it will be, thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 05:54 PM

This really depends on how intimate your relationship is with your parents. I also felt that way when I moved into a dorm in college and I barely get to see my parents, when I do it&#x27;s only on Christmas and other holidays and mostly on skype. Since you are with your family I think it would be easy because you have someone to be with, I was alone and felt lonely at times but with the works of social media and the beautiful nature&#x27;s scenery I think it will really be easier for you. And it&#x27;s really a must for a woman to leave their family behind for her own family.

Ads

04-28-2014, 06:02 PM

Moving away from your family can be a very hard thing to do, though ultimately you have to do whatever is best for you and your family. If you think you will have a better quality of life in Wales then you should go for it. It is not as though you are moving to Australia and will never see them except for once a year. As long as you can agree to see each other on a regular enough basis then it should not be a problem.