This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Email hacked?
04-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Email hacked?
My Twitter account with 300k followers was hacked today and also the hacker compromised my email address. He did not change the password of my email address but instead he changed the email address. In order to get my twitter account back I need the email address that I registered my Twitter with but I cannot do this now as the hacker has changed my email address to something different to what I registered with on Twitter. When I try to log onto the original email address it says that "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different email address". After doing some research it seems that he has registered my original email address as an alias on his main account. What can I do to get it back?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 05:57 PM

All I can say is I feel your pain! It is possible you have been seriously compromised beyond repair. If you end up needing to build up a new Twitter site, just be sure to use a reputable company that keeps your account safety in mind (even though they can't log onto your account. Places like the one at the link below will add safe followers fast.

Ads

04-28-2014, 06:04 PM

Check if Twitter has a way to enter a service call/ticket and explain exactly what happened. Make sure you include the E-mail address your used to access your twitter account. Also include other information you used when you set up your twitter account.

check out the following link:

http://support.twitter.com/articles/1466...-password#