This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good idea to delete Facebook because of this?
04-28-2014, 06:00 PM
Good idea to delete Facebook because of this?
For years, I've found Facebook to be pointless. I know others might find it useful in some ways, but for me, no. Long story by the way.

Just recently, my girlfriend shared to everyone that she wasn't going to use Facebook for awhile because she wanted to use her Twitter more. This isn't the first time she'd done this (last time, she wanted to take a break from FB so she can study). It doesn't bother me at all of coarse, but that was around the time she also stopped talking to me (FB messenger and Skype). The day before, she said she'll talk to me the next day, and when the next day came, that's when she posted the message.

Like I said before, it didn't bother me the first day, but after not hearing from her for almost 3 days, I wasn't worried or obsessed with her like that, but I was just annoyed in a sense where she could've at least told me that she was doing something important.

Again, I got annoyed, and that was one of the main reasons why I wanted to deactivate my account. One, the feeling of being a little concern and logging on FB to check on her is annoying as crap (I felt this way before in my late teens with my ex). Two, call me selfish, but I really wanted to see her reaction, and knowing her, she reacted to it.

She kept constantly calling me on Skype and on my phone nonstop for 30mins. She freaked and told me to "Please answer your phone! I'm worried that something might've happen to you!". I talked to her and she told me not to break up with her since a friend of hers noticed I was missing on my girlfriend's relationship status.

I kept it cool, and told her that if I wanted to break up with her, I would tell her about it, but that will never happen. She still hasn't told me why she hasn't contacted me on some days, but that's my fault for not asking. After some thinking though, I still think this whole Facebook thing is just silly to me, so I'm actually thinking about deleting it this time, not just deactivating it.

I'm not breaking up with her at all. I love her too much for that to happen. When it comes to not knowing what she's up to, and realizing that she was online moments ago, but still can't talk to me....I'm better off not letting my emotions get attach to all of that on social networks. I felt that way before, and I don't need to feel the same way being 24 and all.

I made my decision of deleting it. Just kind of wanted to rant, but feel free to leave out opinions or suggestions. I'll still give points.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 06:06 PM

I think it was smart of you to delete it, unless you have a lot of long distance friendships and that's the only way you communicate with them. But if not, I think you made the right choice. Social Media just causes obsession and drama. I think I would be best without it too. I probably would be more sane. haha

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply