This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Twitter Hashtag, what is it?
10-01-2012, 03:32 AM
Twitter Hashtag, what is it?
I just sated up a a twitter WTF is a Hashtag??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 03:40 AM

TWO POINTS

Ads

this is the hashtag.

A hash tag is basically a trending topic, people put the hash after certain statements or debates or whatever they want really, to see if there are other ppl who have also hashed the same thing, thus making it a trending topic and conversational piece.

Lol I'm having the same problem! But I found out on my own it's kinda like a reference to pretty much anything! Ive just been making them up and it works lol like #referencethis or #twitterproblems , just make something up relevant to your tweet then click on the hash tag link after you've tweeted n see if other people have used it.

Definition: The # symbol, called a hashtag, is used to mark keywords or topics in a Tweet. It was created organically by Twitter users as a way to categorize messages.

If you Tweet with a hashtag on a public account, anyone who does a search for that hashtag may find your Tweet
Don't #spam #with #hashtags. Don't over-tag a single Tweet. (Best practices recommend using no more than 3 hashtags per Tweet.)
Use hashtags only on Tweets relevant to the topic

HashtagGoesHere

a Hashtag is a Topic For Example #Food that is a Hashtag you use it On Tweets to Talk about a Certain topic