This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guys can someone please explain to me what is going on with my wi-fi connection?
04-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Guys can someone please explain to me what is going on with my wi-fi connection?
When I go to check my router information and check connected devices I see for "wired connection" it says "New-host-2" that is getting 100mbps. are my neighbors stealing connection at a faster rate? My parents are making us share our internet with the downstairs people I am not sure if they wired something up to steal internet at a faster rate. Help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 06:21 PM

They are stealing it. No other explaintion.

Ads

04-28-2014, 06:24 PM

simply go to your routers settings and ask any of the downstairs ppl if they know whos device is that. if they dont know then simply block the device from your routers settings. 10 points pls
04-28-2014, 06:27 PM

They are getting UP TO 100 mbps. They are connected via a ethernet cable. Just because it says 100 mbps doesn&#x27;t mean they are getting it, unless your parents pay hundreds a month for internet. Just search around in the Router gui for Mac control. You can put in only your computers Mac address and it will be the only thing able to connect. If they confront you just be like i don&#x27;t have a clue why, I&#x27;m not an IT.