This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What kind of bird is this?
04-28-2014, 06:15 PM
What kind of bird is this?
We are going crazy over on FB trying to figure out what kind of chick this is. It was posted as a raven,which it is most definitely NOT. It is also not a crow, starling, grackle, Guam rail, Guillemot tern,duck,swan,goose,etc. Some of us think it is a chicken. What do you bird experts think? Oh,and if you Google it is says it is a raven but it's NOT! It is a precocial bird,as you can tell by the downy feathers,and the bill is WAY different than a raven or crow. So what is it??

https://www.facebook.com/156435874376042...=1&theater
This one has no feathers on it's feet,though.But I think it is a chicken,too.
It is NOT a raven nor a crow,we have already confirmed this with a corvid forum. Also,the bill is completely wrong. Raven and crows are born naked and blind and by the time they can walk they are as large as their parents. So crows and ravens have been eliminated. I'm thinking chicken.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 06:22 PM

I don't know that it's a Black Silky Bantum chick:
http://www.cacklehatchery.com/silkie.htm#black {watch video)
but it does look like a baby chicken.

Silky Bantums make EXCELLENT pets!
My aunt used to have a flock!

Ads

04-28-2014, 06:26 PM

Its a baby raven (crow)

It has all the features of a baby raven that you commonly see....the beak, eyes, size and shape....except for the "fur".......couldn't there be more than one type of raven???
04-28-2014, 06:30 PM

Eeew, i think it's a baby crow, it's feathers will pop out when it's old enough.