This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
do you think Yahoo, Google, FB and like need a good shaking to stop them from interfering?
04-28-2014, 06:16 PM
do you think Yahoo, Google, FB and like need a good shaking to stop them from interfering?
do you think Yahoo, Google and like need a good shaking to stop them from interfering with our computer internet experience, and how to go about doing that shaking?

Computer technology follows everyone everywhere on the internet and maybe we don't want the choices they make for us, but new and additional choices aren't allowed to us or given to us so that we can expand our horizons. So how can we get thru to the thick headed Yahoo, Google, FB, Microsoft and the like?
Example: If I write on a specific subject in either YA or in a Yahoo email, up pops an ad in my email on that subject. While it can go to my spam folder, I dislike it that this form of automation is so pushy so asked the question, how can we as a group tell these companies that we want to see different things and not just what they think we want to see.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 06:23 PM

I think it is their mindset.

"Everybody should know everything"
They then set these things set up as the default setting and you have to read pages of data to undo it, particularly with regard to privacy

I loathe FB as I can't follow it and half the time I am address a friend or contact or if I am speaking to the whole world.
It could be an age thing where we don't pick up things as fast as kids nowadays.
Dune

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply