This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I just started advertising my construction company and need help.?
04-28-2014, 06:28 PM
I just started advertising my construction company and need help.?
I have an iron work company in NYC and would like to start marketing my company online. The problem is I have no experience in online marketing and don't have the means to spend a lot of money doing it, and need help from you guys. I recently made a website using wix and subscribed, but I don't know what to do next. If anyone can help me and tell me how I can market my company and make a good online presence, please let me know. Thank you sooo much!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 06:32 PM

Hi,

It depends on what you are wanting to do... a good online presence is broad. Do you mean you want to have potential clients find you? Do you want a blog where you write new articles or posts from time to time, or a business page with your company information? There are few good people on Fiverr who can help you optimize your site for search engines, and based on your limited capital it might be the best route.

Wix is alright, but there are very few top-rated sites based on Wix. I would instead recommend that you buy a domain that you own. On NameCheap.com right how you can get a .us domain for I believe $1.00 for a year, then you pay like $10 each year after that. You could call your business whatever you want and want is available and start building a brand. Like IronWorksNY.us. Of course .com is better but you'll have to pay $10 to buy the domain upfront.

Then hire one of the fiverr gigs to install and set up your WordPress site (WordPress is free but you have to install it). WordPress is by far the most popular online platform and I have almost 12 sites using it right now. You would need a webhost, a place where your blog actually resides, and HostGator is fairly good and cheap (I used to use them when I started out, just search HostGator.com)... they're about $3.90 a month or so.

Here's a sample gig I found (I have never used them so am not "vouching" for them, just an example) where you can get the site set up for $5 using WordPress.

http://www.fiverr.com/wordpress_nerd/ins...-your-host

Then decide "what" you want to be found for. Is it "Iron Works In New York" or "Custom Iron Work IN NYC". There is a BIG difference when it comes to search engines. It'll take some time to learn but start browsing for and learning all you can about SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Get a Google account if you don't have one, and then go to Google Adwords and use their keyword planner. Keywords are those words you want to be found for when someone types something in to the search engine. You can see "how many" people are searching for certain words in an order. So if Iron Works In NYC has enough monthly searches then maybe you go for that. The bottom line is this... if you target a set of keywords that NO ONE is searching for, how many visitors do you think you'll get from search engines? Exactly.

You can also find a Fiverr gig for keyword research, too, if you really are just starting out and don't know anything about it. They'll help you find the best keywords for your niche/specialty. Here's an example (not a recommendation):

http://www.fiverr.com/design2k/do-the-be...ete-report

Then get a gig like this one (unless you know how to write SEO articles, which is not likely from what you wrote) and get 2 or 3 articles written to get your site started. (again, never used them, just pulled it up as a reference after a quick search):

http://www.fiverr.com/lewiswriter/write-...eo-article

Finally, now that you have your domain (less than $10), WordPress installed and optimized ($5), some optimized articles written ($15 or less) you can get one last gig for someone to help you "design" the site and post your pages to it. There are tons of WordPress experts on Fiverr, like this one:

http://www.fiverr.com/fatehs/design-a-cu...ss-website

So for under $50 you could have a fully optimized site up, using your own custom domain (MikesIronWorks.com, or IronWorksNYC.com or whatever), on your own webhost, with your own custom design and with new, optimized content. Not a bad way to get a quick start on things. Your ongoing monthly cost would be just the hosting fees at HostGator, so $3.90 a month.

That's what I would recommend for a complete newbie looking to get a quick start. The "ideal" path would be to take some time and learn everything you can about building an online business, but that really does take time. This way you can learn as you go and be online at the same time.

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of Wix as a business solution. I hope this helps you somewhat. Good luck

Ads

04-28-2014, 06:39 PM

One way to boost your company's online presence is to make sure you have high quality and unique listings on the most popular business directories. You can find a great list at this website - http://www.directorybug.com/top100/
Lists the top 100 business directories to make sure you are listed on, since nowadays many customers turn to the internet (Google AND business directories) to choose where they're going to spend their money. Since you're a locally operated business, these directories will also help you find customers IN YOUR AREA, which is what you want.
Good luck!
04-28-2014, 06:42 PM

One way to boost your company's online presence is to make sure you have high quality and unique listings on the most popular business directories
04-28-2014, 06:44 PM

make sure you have high quality and unique listings on the most popular business directories
04-28-2014, 06:45 PM

consult seo expert
04-28-2014, 06:52 PM

For Cheap seo, Just contact Indian companies. I suggest everyone to do so. because in India There is too much competition of Internet services like web designing, development, seo and more. Because of high competition, their prices are much less.Well! i suggest you the website which is working for my movie website. Contact Digiantz.com
04-28-2014, 06:53 PM

contact promoter
04-28-2014, 06:55 PM

There's a new trend nowadays that can help a company attract more customers online. It's called search engine optimization or SEO. Through this, you'll be able to get potential customers by making your website more visible on search engine results pages (SERP). It's an organic way to rank your website compared to paying via AdWords or pay per click (PPC). If your website is ranked high in SERP, there's a good chance that people will be able to see your business. In turn, you'll have a higher chance of getting customers. If you intend on knowing more about SEO, you can acquire the services of wizardworks.ca, a web design company.