This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Myspace vs Facebook???????????????
04-28-2014, 06:28 PM
Myspace vs Facebook???????????????
i like facebook and am more use to it. kids in my school say myspace is way cooler and facebook is boring. i don't agree with it i like facebook, it's that most of my friends in church have facebooks and i can keep touch easier.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 06:38 PM

Facebook use to be good. Now there are so many holes in it i'm almost closing my account.

Ads

04-28-2014, 06:43 PM

Myspace has predators and Facebook has stalkers. I guess the kids at your school like predators better.
04-28-2014, 06:44 PM

Facebook of course, myspace is so 10 years ago!
04-28-2014, 06:51 PM

hey same thing with me! but yeaa i think facebook is way better.
04-28-2014, 06:54 PM

I like facebook. It's a lot easier to use and it's easier to find people on it. I used MySpace back in seventh and eight grade. You can put fancy backgrounds and layouts on MySpace, which is probably why many argue it's better. In my opinion, though, if you want a fancy blog, get a livejournal.
04-28-2014, 07:03 PM

Facebook is MUCH better than Myspace. A lot of people just abandoned Myspace a long time ago and more people use Facebook than Myspace as well.
04-28-2014, 07:13 PM

You didn't ask a question.

But currently there is a mass migration from Myspace to Facebook. Many people are abandoning their MySpace accounts in favor of Facebook. The big differences here is that Facebook focused on connecting and re-connecting people that you already know where as MySpace focused on allowing anonomity if you wanted it and full customization of your home page. This was good and bad. Good in that it provided for a very flexible platform. Bad because it resorted in millions of unreadable and crappy pages made by people who had no business designing sites that start with blaringly loud music and flickering and flashing graphics all over the place. Facebook took this flexibility away and provided a clean and clear and consistent format that ALL users accounts has and opened up the platform to allow 3rd party developers make apps that integrate with the wealth of personal and REAL information. Myspace accounts often were not directly tied to the persons real identity where as with Facebook the accounts are almost always tied to the persons real identity.

MySpace is still big with Music artists however and video artists because they are allowed to promote their offerings with live music playing directly on the page, their own design, and other things. Facebook is like a big opened but closed wall garden with a lot of seperate plug-ins that users can turn on and off and automatically be told about people who they may or may not know based on who you already know, what you do, and where you been.

In reality I would say Facebook profiles are much more dangerous from a personal safety and privacy stand point because much of the information people post on Facebook profiles is true. So facebook could be a great tool for stalkers, where as Myspace since it allows everyone to view everyones content for the most part without actually needing an account in many its a good outlet for predators.

So would you rather be predatatored (thats not a word) or stalkerfied (not a word either heh).
04-28-2014, 07:23 PM

facebook