This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Windows 8 will connect to wifi but not internet? Also unable to upgrade to windows 8.1 via product key?
04-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Windows 8 will connect to wifi but not internet? Also unable to upgrade to windows 8.1 via product key?
I just got my laptop back from future shop (it was in for repairs for the last month) and I am suddenly having trouble connecting to my wifi network. It was able to connect with no problems until about an hour ago when I plugged in an ethernet cable as part of a possible solution for another problem that I was facing with upgrading to windows 8.1 via a product key. I had found a different solution to that problem online so I unplugged the ethernet cable and when I unplug it, I lost my wifi connection. When I mouse over the small internet connection icon on my taskbar, it says 'unidentified network no internet access.' It will say thing if I go into the control panel. When I swipe in from the corner of my screen to view the wifi connections, it says that I am connected to my home wifi network but that the connection is limited (no internet access) I have reset my modem and router multiple times. Could someone please help me solve this? My other problem is that I am unable to upgrade to windows 8.1 from windows 8 via a product key. The key that I have entered is recognized as a valid key, but when I go to start the next step of the upgrade, I get one of two errors. Either 'We cannot connect right now. Please check your internet connection and try again later' or 'Windows 8.1 isn't available for download. Sorry, Windows 8.1 isn't available for online purchase in the country/region you're in.' I am unable to upgrade to 8.1 via the store because it wont show there. FUCKING HELP ME
Laptop is an HP Touchsmart Pavilion 15-b168ca. I have tried numerous solutions that I have found in various threads but I still have no luck with anything. Is there any fucking way to make this shit work?! Solutions tried so far (not a full list. I'll be updating it as I find more of the solutions in my history and online): http://bit.ly/1nFbkQh
Nick I am able to access the wifi on all other devices other than my laptop. I have tried the forget network solution but I am still getting the unidentified network. My network is secured with a WPA2 -Personal. I have run a trouble shooting process and the result that I was shown was 'wifi does not have a valid ip configuration' Is there any way I could make it so that my wifi has a valid ip config again?
Windows 8.1 problem is solved. It finally showed up in the store so I'll just install it that way. Still need help on the wifi problem though. Tried Nick's solution but to no avail. Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 06:30 PM

first of all check on another devices . are you able to access the wifi . if you are able to access the wifi on another devices . then please follow these things .
1. click on the network icon and then right click on your wifi name .
2. forget this network .
3. once again you will able to see your wifi name . try to connect with it .
4. check that you are connected or not . if it is still saying unidentified network . restart your computer and then try to access the internet .
if it is still not working then you have to upgrade your wifi adapter or change the wifi security mode on the router .

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply